Arizona Grand Resort & Spa is committed to environmental responsibility and sustainability guided by our partnership with the Arizona Hotel and Lodging Association Green Certification. We accept responsibility for and stewardship of environmental best practices with our owners, associates, suppliers and guests. We will work to incorporate ongoing green practices to reduce the environmental impact of our business and ensure the Arizona Grand Resort & Spa remains “Naturally Grand”.
We will achieve these results by:
- Establishment of our Green Task force to develop and execute earth-friendly practices
- Purchasing environmentally responsible and recycled materials, whenever possible.
- Purchasing organic and sustainable local foods, whenever possible.
- Developing partnerships with suppliers that continue to demonstrate a commitment to environmental responsibility.
- Seek the feedback of our guests and review and implement feedback, whenever possible.
- Ongoing education for our associates so they understand how they can make a difference both at work and at home.
1% for the Planet Membership ~
Classic Hotels & Resorts is a proud member of 1% for the Planet, a globally-recognized alliance of businesses that understand the necessity of protecting the natural environment, as the network’s first ever hotel management company to join.
Members of 1% for the Planet contribute one percent of annual sales directly to any of the approved nonprofit environmental organizations in the network. Nonprofits are approved through a rigorous review of efficacy and environmental focus.
“We feel it our duty to take a greater responsibility for the cost of environmental impact and our partnership with 1% for the Planet recognizes this focus.” says John Grossman, President of Classic.
Visit our partnership page to learn more.
- All resort laundry, including terry items and linens are laundered using environmentally-sensitive practices by a textile company with U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification.
- Installation of charging stations allows guests traveling in an electric vehicle to recharge.
- Frylow system in resort kitchen allows for reduced energy use, less product waste, and healthier fried foods.
- Baler allows for 100% of resorts’ cardboard waste to be compacted and recycled
- Water savings options for sheets and towels in guest suites
- Sponsor of Arizona Republic “Green Hero” contest, Fall 2008
- Compact Fluorescent Light (CFL) in guest suites
- Energy efficient in-suite digital thermostats
- Balcony planters use water harvesting technology
- Swimming pool technology reduces water evaporation
- Low-flow shower heads
- Arizona Rinse Smart participant, a Salt River Project
- Purchase locally grown, organic foods and condiments in bulk
- Recycled in-suite amenities including bottles, cartons and labels
- Shuttle service, public transportation, close proximity to airport
- Non-Phosphate, non-toxic, biodegradable concentrated liquid used for all laundered linens and towels
- Printed materials contain 10% post consumer waste on Forest Stewardship Council certified paper
- Organic spa products are packaged and shipped environmentally friendly
- Spa slippers made from recycled PVC
- Environmentally responsible, certified green cleaning products for guest suites and public areas
- Organic fertilizers used on the golf course
- GreenUp biodegradable trash can liners are used throughout the resort